A state with approximately 5.2 million residents and over 30,000 state government employees who work in just about every field imaginable. From administrative assistants to architects, custodians to correctional officers, revenue agents to transportation maintenance.
The Client’s Challenge
While the in-plant print department of a state with 5.2 million residents and over 30,000 state government employees has received multiple awards on their facility, they were looking for ways to improve their processes and increase their capacity based on additional work that was being driven to their facility from various state departments.
- Conducted a Business Strategy and Process Mapping Workshop.
- Defined current business challenges and facility objectives.
- Reviewed current facility and production capabilities.
- Defined common job and reviewed current state and future state processes with key production team members across functions.
Impact and Results
- Increased capacity and productivity by reducing 41 non-value added touches and removing 105 minutes on common job produced.
- IMG engaged for additional process mapping and facilities analysis based on other state departments utilizing the facility.
- IMG engaged for Business Development and strategic planning for facility expansion.